Common Mistakes by English Learners in French
English learners are notorious for making many errors when writing their French assignments. Therefore, it becomes very complicated for them to achieve the best results. However, there are reasons why this happens. For starters, English learners typically have many things that they are good at and are typically good in these areas. Therefore, it is only natural to believe that when they combine these two, they will get top results.
However, it is vital to understand that it is the combination of skills that determines the success of a learner in any academic level. Therefore, your proficiency in French will not determine the success of your assignment. You need to understand why English learners make such mistakes in their assignments. Some of these mistakes include;
- Failing to understand the meaning of grammar. This is an essential concept that cannot be ignored. Learning to use the correct spelling of French verbs and words is not something that English learners are good at. Most English students often mistype their words and do not understand why they make the errors they do.
- Failing to use the correct format for the grammar used in your assignment. This means that in most cases, English learners will opt to write their french sentences using the colloquial French style that does not make sense to them. In some cases, these students may even use incomplete or wrong French words that can get them into trouble with the professor.
- Failing to understand the correct structure for your paper. You may have understood the overall meaning of your assignment but fail to apply it to your French assignment properly. Failure to follow the recommended structure will make it difficult to achieve the intended results.
- A lack of knowledge on the specific vocabulary used in French. You are not necessarily limited to just the French vocabulary you have been taught in class. Other languages can also affect your result in french because they can not be understood entirely by a native French speaker.
- Failing to follow the structure of the article. This can be due to a lack of understanding on what a French article is. English writers tend to form their sentences the same way they do in English. Therefore, it can be quite hard to see the wrong article in your French assignment.
Understand that failure to do any of the listed above mistakes will cost you the grades in your French assignment. Therefore, it is vital to get your assignment in the hands of a qualified expert.
Do not Give Up on Your French Assignment Even When It Looks Unachievable
Failure to achieve the best results in your French assignment does not have to be a sad thing. Do not give up and keep going when your results do not guarantee top marks. It is important to realize that even though your English skills are top-notch, this does not mean that you can easily get the results in french. You need to have the proper tools for achieving success. Some of the necessary tools include;
- Reading the assignment aloud to a native speaker. This is the best tool as it makes it easier for you to understand the grammatical rules and the sentence structure.
- Practicing. Reading your French assignment aloud helps you to become familiar with the grammar in French. When you are reading it in a good tone, it will be easy for you to understand the correct meaning of sentences.